Karen Miscall-Bannon began her yoga studies in 1985 with Eddie Modestini in the Iyengar tradition and began practicing ashtanga vinyasa in 1999. In 2001, she began her studies with Patty Townsend at the Yoga Center Amherst (YCA) where she became certified at the 200-and 500-hour levels in Embodyoga® and is certified at the E-RYT 500-hour level by Yoga Alliance.
She taught in the YCA’s teacher trainings starting in 2004, and led 200-hour teacher trainings starting in 2009. She recently relocated to Californis where she teaches classes, workshops, and leads 200-hour and 500-hour teacher training programs. She also has programs based in India and Thailand.
Karen has extensive knowledge of anatomy, with a focus on yoga therapeutics, stemming from her bodywork practice of over 14 years. Karen brings a deep love of yoga and yoga philosophy to her teaching, and is known for being able to make abstract concepts accessible to her students. She gratefully brings what she has learned from her teachers and her own practice to her students, to assist them in deepening their awareness of body and mind through the practice of yoga.
For more information about Karen, see her website at www.kmbyoga.com.
200-Hour RYS Teacher Training Program
Yoga from the Inside Out with Karen Miscall-Bannon
Increase self-knowledge and acceptance through “embodied-inquiry” – asana, pranayama, meditation, mudra and mantra practice, as well as philosophical study. Our 200-hour Embodyoga®-inspired programs are well-rounded, in-depth studies of yoga with an emphasis on personal embodiment as the basis for becoming a yoga teacher.
- Discover “whole–body–support” templates for strong, comfortable, injury-free asana practice.
- Learn to weave postures, breath and movement into a deeply nourishing practice.
- Discover the grace and wisdom of the body-mind-spirit in movement and in stillness.
- Develop a relationship with Self through deepening embodied awareness.
- Explore musicality and your sense of rhythm in life and work through an integrated study of mantra, mudra, movement, rhythm and music.
- Learn to share this experience with others through teaching.
We offer open enrollment all year round. Students can join at anytime . To learn about the monthly payment plan please contact Liz at email@example.com.